Team collaboration software facilitate the communication between different team members by providing a common informal platform to contact one another and share information. Team collaboration tools are aimed at enhancing the speedy and timely completion of projects by evaluating their activities and accessing shared files and information.
Team collaboration software allow its users to choose from various features and functions. It provides them with free workspace for collaboration as well as communication. Team collaboration software is generally used side by side with project management or task management software. Simultaneous unification of multiple software paves a smooth flow of information and project completion.
Team collaboration tools is an affordable option where bringing the whole company on single forum seems an expensive and extensive activity. Team collaboration tools connect all the members of a firm from lower to upper ranks by providing them a communication platform to both individual and collective levels. Team collaboration software is the basic requirement for a multinational company whose offices are far off from one another. It ensures a collective team effort by engaging every employee no matter where they live. Many team collaboration tools offer a mobile app which let the employees to communicate immediately when needed without leaving their desk. This hastens the response time and thus step up overall working process.
Moreover, there is not any need to store documents and make loaded files to fill in the cabinets or on personal computers. Everything can be set up in a folder in shared cloud space.
Who can benefit from Team Collaboration Software?
Team collaboration software has proven to be useful for national as well as multinational projects which help them to work together virtually for completing the projects. It offers cloud-based storage which can be accessed anytime by the users.
Team Collaboration Software Features
Some features of team collaboration software are:
- Messaging – Team collaboration tools always come up with feature of instant messaging system. These tools allow one-on-one, immediate communication and the formation of team-specific groups for collaboration.
- File sharing – They also contain built in ability to share documents into the messaging component of a team collaboration tool. Most of them merge with them a business content management system to automatically store files.
- Search – Team collaboration software can save files or projects so collaborators can check them again when needed. They also have search features, to let the users look for the content they’re need.
- Document collaboration – Document collaboration tools allow users to create and edit documents with others in real time. These documents can be stored within the app or externally.
- VoIP and video conferencing – Some team collaboration software provide services like video conferencing or VoIP (Voiceover internet protocol) which will help the users the ability to switch between different communication options without exiting the app.
- Task management –Task management options let the users to create and organize their tasks by their status and precedence.
- Calendar – Many team collaboration software have individual and collective calendars that are filled automatically as tasks and projects are made.
Types of team collaboration software[i]
The collaboration software has remained an ambiguous term owing to its versatility. It is a broader term for a wide variety of softwares, most of which are independent and unique from one another. There are three different types of collaboration software:
They allow you to send information such as files, data or other documents among different people. These comprises of:
- voice mail
- web publishing
Another type is conferencing, which include of real-time collaboration involving all the members involved sharing their views. Common examples include:
- Internet forums
- online chatting
- instant messaging
- data conferencing
- application sharing
Coordination of team collaboration software includes:
- electronic calendars or time management software programs
- online proofing of documents, files, video, etc.
- project management systems for scheduling and tracking projects at various stages.
- knowledge management systems to collect and organize data
- online spreadsheets
- client portals to interact with clients
Benefits of Team Collaboration Solutions[ii]
- Calendar Integration
Team collaboration tools help to check the availability of the staff instead of complicated schedules and conflicts. everything is fully integrated and automated via team collaboration software.
- Activity Streams
It will be much easier to keep tract of every individual in the hustle bustle of workload with activity streams. It will make things work better.
- Remote File Access
Team collaboration software provide remote access to the files by means of cloud storage of files. Remote file access let all the collaborators to get access to a file anywhere in the world despite of taking a bundle of files with themselves. There would be no reason to halt the project working when a document can be accesses anytime and anywhere.
- File Versioning Control
It is usually a complex activity keeping record of all the changes made to a specific file. With versioning control, it has become easier posing no issues. The robust versioning features allow any alterations made to a document to be recorded, creating a digital trail of the project.
This basic feature allows all the members to integrate their efforts in the project by communicating if necessary.
Best Collaboration Tools
Top rated team collaboration software providers are listed in the table with their key features and prices from high rated towards low rated.
|1.||Wrike||Free – $24.80 /user /mo.||Intuitive workflow tools|
|2.||GoToMeeting||$195.00 /yr. – $260.04 /yr.||Secure video conferencing, high participant volumes, Good quality video and audio|
|3.||Hubspot CRM||Free||CRM system, a marketing hub, and a sales hub|
|4.||Monday.com||Free – $948.00 /yr.||Cost-effective, easy-to-use, equipped with useful features that streamline processes|
|5.||Dropbox||Free – $239.88 /yr.||Easy to use, intuitive, and secure|